SOAKED GARRI: NIGERIA’S LEGENDARY ‘CEREAL’Alex
Soaked Garri ‘cereal’ is definitely a must try for anyone visiting Nigeria for the first time but if you don’t intend visiting Nigeria soon, this recipe will take you on an amazing Journey to my home country. Please join me ?
- Pour water into the cereal bowl containing the dry Garri.
- Sieve out any particle that floats
- Pour more fresh water into the Garri
- Then add sugar, pinch of salt (milk if using)
- Add the groundnuts or any other topping you prefer. Then relax and enjoy ?
- 1/4 cup Garri
- 3 cups water
- Some ice cubes optional
- 3 cubes of Sugar / 1 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp Powdered milk optional
- Pinch of salt optional
- 1/4 cup roasted groundnuts optional
- 1/4 cup coconut
- Strawberries & blueberries
- Garri swells up quickly so start with a small quantity if you are eating this alone so you don’t find yourself wasting food.
- If you are vegan. Just skip the addition of the milk. I really don’t think it will work with almond milk because it isn’t as creamy. But you can give it a try though.
SOAKED GARRI: NIGERIA’S LEGENDARY CEREAL